There are two meanings in medicine. One is medication and another one is science of healing. Medication is used in treating, promoting health and for curing diseases. Science of healing is for preventing diseases, treatment and practice of diagnosis.
According to medical dictionary, it is known as a drug, art of curing and preventing diseases, treating and study of general diseases that is affecting to all parts of human body.
Modern medicine encompasses several fields which includes:
- Medical devices such as apparatus, in-vitro reagents, implants, instruments, and other unique things that helps in diagnosing diseases as well as for other conditions. These devices are used for the purpose of curing diseases, mitigating symptoms or harm, treating illness and for preventing diseases. They are also useful for affecting the functions or structures of body parts. Unlike medicines, these devices achieve their main purpose by chemical or physical or thermal or mechanical means. This device ranges from simple medicinal thermometers to huge, expensive and sophisticated picture scanning machines.
- Surgery focuses on treating and diagnosing diseases, injury and deformity by manual as well as instrumental means. This involves in surgical methods such as replacing or removing diseases organs or tissues. Normally surgeries are done in the laboratory, veterinary clinics, dental clinics and operating room.
- Medications are the substances that are made up of chemicals. These are used for the purpose of treating, diagnosing, curing and preventing the diseases.
- Biomedical research needs careful evaluations, development and experimentation involving several pharmacologist, chemists, biologists and doctors. Biomedical scientists utilize techniques of biotechnology for the purpose of studying diseases and biological processes.
- Healthcare science is the multidisciplinary field that deals with application of engineering, technology and science for the sake of careful delivery. The scientist of healthcare involve in the delivery of care, treatment, diagnosis and supporting patients in the healthcare systems apposing people in the academic research. The scientist of healthcare actively combines with societal, organizational, biomedical and psychosocial aspects of healthcare, diseases and health.
- In clinical practice, physician takes care of patients personally and aims at diagnosing, treating and preventing diseases utilizing the training as well as clinical judgment.
- Alternative medicines encompass any practice that claims for the purpose of healing but it will not fall in the sphere of traditional or conventional medicine. There are some examples for alternative medicines such as ayurveda, Chinese traditional medicine, acupuncture, naturopathic medicine and homeopathy.
- Midwifery, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, psychotherapy and many other therapies.
History of medicine Human beings are practicing medicine since many years. For the purpose of understanding how the modern medicine has been changed and where these medicines are at present, it is essential to read regarding the history of medicine. If you want to know more about the medicines, you should read about: 1. Medicines since eighteenth century. 2. Renaissance and medieval European medicines. 3. Islamic medieval medicines. 4. Ancient roman medicines. 5. Ancient Greek medicines. 6. Ancient Egyptian medicines. 7. Prehistoric medicines.
Branches on medicine There are several branches. Some of the branches are listed below: 1. Toxicology 2. Radiology 3. Physiology 4. Pathology 5. Embryology 6. Physiology 7. Biomechanics 8. Endocrinology 9. Biophysics 10. Anatomy 11. Biostatistics 12. Biochemistry 13. Cytology 14. Genetics 15. Nutrition 16. Histology 17. Neuroscience 18. Microbiology
Astragalus root is an herb which is used in traditional Chinese medicine as a restorative tonic for centuries ago. This enhances your stamina and keeps you ongoing longer in daily life. This sweet and warm herb effects on many organs which can be used alone or with other herbs to improve stamina, prevents from aging and stimulate immune system also in the conditions of common cold, flu, blood disorders, cancer and even in HIV/AIDS. This also normalizes in body’s strength with ability and balance.
How does it work?
There is a special chemical resides in Astragalus which slows down the aging process where it happens. This also improves the number of cells where the blueprint resides. According to the recent researches, the special chemical found in astragalus can ‘turn on’ an enzyme named as telomerase (hTERT). This helps to maintain and lengthen telomeres which act to add the lifespan of our DNA. As the time passes and we become aged, the telomeres get shorten due to wear and tear due to which cells get lowered. In this way telomerase acts as a protector of DNA from fraying and damaging.
Is astragalus safe for you?
Because of its long back history of traditional and medical use, this is known to be safe. However, this may cause bleeding so care must be taken with precautions for those who are passing from bleeding problems and those who are taking medicines which may cause bleeding. In addition, avoid using it during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
How much you can take?
Take 200 mg twice a day. Take it with or without food once in the morning and once in the evening.