There are two meanings in medicine. One is medication and another one is science of healing. Medication is used in treating, promoting health and for curing diseases. Science of healing is for preventing diseases, treatment and practice of diagnosis.
According to medical dictionary, it is known as a drug, art of curing and preventing diseases, treating and study of general diseases that is affecting to all parts of human body.
Modern medicine encompasses several fields which includes:
- Medical devices such as apparatus, in-vitro reagents, implants, instruments, and other unique things that helps in diagnosing diseases as well as for other conditions. These devices are used for the purpose of curing diseases, mitigating symptoms or harm, treating illness and for preventing diseases. They are also useful for affecting the functions or structures of body parts. Unlike medicines, these devices achieve their main purpose by chemical or physical or thermal or mechanical means. This device ranges from simple medicinal thermometers to huge, expensive and sophisticated picture scanning machines.
- Surgery focuses on treating and diagnosing diseases, injury and deformity by manual as well as instrumental means. This involves in surgical methods such as replacing or removing diseases organs or tissues. Normally surgeries are done in the laboratory, veterinary clinics, dental clinics and operating room.
- Medications are the substances that are made up of chemicals. These are used for the purpose of treating, diagnosing, curing and preventing the diseases.
- Biomedical research needs careful evaluations, development and experimentation involving several pharmacologist, chemists, biologists and doctors. Biomedical scientists utilize techniques of biotechnology for the purpose of studying diseases and biological processes.
- Healthcare science is the multidisciplinary field that deals with application of engineering, technology and science for the sake of careful delivery. The scientist of healthcare involve in the delivery of care, treatment, diagnosis and supporting patients in the healthcare systems apposing people in the academic research. The scientist of healthcare actively combines with societal, organizational, biomedical and psychosocial aspects of healthcare, diseases and health.
- In clinical practice, physician takes care of patients personally and aims at diagnosing, treating and preventing diseases utilizing the training as well as clinical judgment.
- Alternative medicines encompass any practice that claims for the purpose of healing but it will not fall in the sphere of traditional or conventional medicine. There are some examples for alternative medicines such as ayurveda, Chinese traditional medicine, acupuncture, naturopathic medicine and homeopathy.
- Midwifery, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, psychotherapy and many other therapies.
History of medicine
Human beings are practicing medicine since many years. For the purpose of understanding how the modern medicine has been changed and where these medicines are at present, it is essential to read regarding the history of medicine. If you want to know more about the medicines, you should read about:
1. Medicines since eighteenth century.
2. Renaissance and medieval European medicines.
3. Islamic medieval medicines.
4. Ancient roman medicines.
5. Ancient Greek medicines.
6. Ancient Egyptian medicines.
7. Prehistoric medicines.
Branches on medicine
There are several branches. Some of the branches are listed below:
If you’re looking for healthy and balanced diet plans to shed body weight there are quite a few options out there. I thought it was important to outline how to tell if an eating plan plan appears healthy and balanced or may be simply a dietary fads plan that cannot last the long run.
Healthy diet plans typically have the following properties:
1. The eating plan plan is balanced: The eating plan plan will be a balanced eating plan including foods from the major food groups as well as a good amount of vegetables and fruit.
2. The eating plan plan will include a lot of variety. One of the big needs you should look for in an eating plan plan is to be able to stick to the eating plan plan for a long time. Variety is important for this as I’m sure you have probably tried those limiting diet plans based on few foods and become sick to death of the eating plan plan after the first few days.
3. The eating plan plan should adopt a consistent long lasting approach to shed bodyweight. The goal here is not to reduce as much bodyweight as you can in a week, but rather achieve a steady losing bodyweight week by week that is sustainable and healthy and balanced.
4. The eating plan plan should provide a nutrient deficit over the amount of nutrient consumption you burn a day until a good and balanced bodyweight is achieved. While the above points relate to an eating plan plan being healthy and balanced, this one is the crux of whether you will shed bodyweight or not. At the end of the day a lot of losing bodyweight comes down to calories: nutrient consumption in and nutrient consumption out.
Given the importance of monitoring nutrient consumption in the losing bodyweight process, I would recommend to take a look at a nutrient finance calculator. This finance calculator will let you calculate a number of metrics that are important in the losing bodyweight process, including an estimate of how many nutrient consumption you burn a day. Additionally, the site includes an exercise nutrient finance calculator to give an indication of how many nutrient consumption are burned in various activities.